ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
In principle, ebusd is handling all the low level traffic aspects on the bus and allows a high level access to sending/receiving messages and revealing their content.
See here for details on a decent eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 21.3:
This is the eighth release of ebusd 3 and the sixth (="Q", therefor Quince) since ebusd was completely reworked.
The major new features are more data types, support for verbose output publishing in MQTT and newer MQTT broker versions, as well as added and extended HTTP JSON endpoints.
Debian 11 (Bullseye), 10 (Buster), and 9 (Stretch) install packages for amd64, 386, armv7 (Raspberry Pi 2/3/4), and arm64 (Raspberry Pi 3/4 64 bit) are attached and will also be made available soon in the Debian repository as described here.
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name. Those without MQTT support don't have such a suffix.
For Arch Linux, simply run makepkg in the contrib/archlinux/ebusd/ directory.
The latest release is also available as multi-architecture Docker image on the hub with tag ebusd:latest.
- ebusd-21.3_386-bullseye.deb 274.8 KB 20 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_386-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 291.4 KB 31 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_386-buster.deb 263.36 KB 14 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_386-buster_mqtt1.deb 279.58 KB 10 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_386-stretch.deb 272.9 KB 5 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_386-stretch_mqtt1.deb 289.29 KB 6 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-bullseye.deb 251.12 KB 13 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 267.67 KB 25 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-buster.deb 242.71 KB 8 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-buster_mqtt1.deb 258.67 KB 8 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-stretch.deb 246.99 KB 6 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 263.41 KB 8 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-bullseye.deb 217.42 KB 9 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 231.14 KB 15 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-buster.deb 212.58 KB 10 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-buster_mqtt1.deb 225.18 KB 15 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-stretch.deb 218.44 KB 5 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_arm64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 232.28 KB 8 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-bullseye.deb 209.78 KB 17 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 223.57 KB 37 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-buster.deb 199.55 KB 26 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-buster_mqtt1.deb 212.97 KB 24 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-stretch.deb 210.59 KB 12 downloads
- ebusd-21.3_armv7-stretch_mqtt1.deb 224.82 KB 17 downloads
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 4,018 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 944 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 708 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 323 downloads
- Source code