ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
In principle, ebusd is handling all the low level traffic aspects on the bus and allows a high level access to sending/receiving messages and revealing their content.
See here for details on a decent eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 23.1:
This is the 13th release of ebusd 3 and the 22nd (="V", therefor Vanilla) since ebusd was completely reworked.
The major new features are enhanced MQTT integration with device update check and multi-language support for the config webservice.
See ChangeLog and Wiki for details.
Debian 11 (Bullseye), 10 (Buster), and 9 (Stretch) install packages for amd64, 386, armv7 (Raspberry Pi 2/3/4), and arm64 (Raspberry Pi 3/4 64 bit) are attached and will also be made available soon in the Debian repository as described here.
For convenience, an armv6l (Raspberry Pi 1 and Zero/Zero W) Buster image is attached here as well (not part of the Debian repository though).
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name, whereas those without don't.
For Arch Linux, simply run
makepkg in the
For Alpine Linux, run
apk --repository=http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community add ebusd.
The latest release is also available as multi-architecture Docker image on the hub with tag ebusd:latest.
- ebusd-23.1_386-bullseye.deb 325.62 KB 132 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_386-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 354.75 KB 140 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_386-buster.deb 312.87 KB 32 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_386-buster_mqtt1.deb 342.82 KB 24 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_386-stretch.deb 322.72 KB 19 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_386-stretch_mqtt1.deb 355.33 KB 19 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-bullseye.deb 298.36 KB 74 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 325.11 KB 129 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-buster.deb 288.58 KB 26 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-buster_mqtt1.deb 316.47 KB 23 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-stretch.deb 293.67 KB 18 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 324.3 KB 17 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-bullseye.deb 260.18 KB 49 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 282.79 KB 75 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-buster.deb 251.91 KB 15 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-buster_mqtt1.deb 275.3 KB 13 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-stretch.deb 259.4 KB 12 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_arm64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 285.31 KB 11 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv6l-buster_mqtt1.deb 253.32 KB 68 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-bullseye.deb 252.44 KB 57 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 276.06 KB 102 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-buster.deb 238.98 KB 42 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-buster_mqtt1.deb 263.32 KB 48 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-stretch.deb 251.71 KB 28 downloads
- ebusd-23.1_armv7-stretch_mqtt1.deb 278.72 KB 25 downloads
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 4,491 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 1,131 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 799 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 392 downloads
- Source code