ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
In principle, ebusd is handling all the low level traffic aspects on the bus and allows a high level access to sending/receiving messages and revealing their content.
See here for details on a decent eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 3.4:
This is the fivth release of ebusd 3 and the thirteenth (="N", therefor Nectarine) since ebusd was completely reworked.
Besides some bug fixes, the major new features include a direct mode for the TCP client, a /list topic for MQTT, as well as better support for non-LSB distributions.
Debian install packages for amd64 (9/Stretch and 8/Jessie), i386 (8/Jessie), and armhf (Raspberry Pi on 9/Stretch, 8/Jessie, and 7/Wheezy) are attached and is also available in the Debian repository as described here. For Debian 10/Buster, you can use the stretch image as well.
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt0" (for libmosquitto0) or "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name. Those without MQTT support don't have such a suffix.
For Arch Linux, simply run makepkg in the contrib/archlinux/ebusd/ directory.
The latest release is also available as Docker image on the hub with tag ebusd:latest.
- ebusd-3.4_amd64-jessie.deb 218.84 KB 111 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_amd64-jessie_mqtt0.deb 233.7 KB 61 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_amd64-stretch.deb 208.92 KB 137 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 223.08 KB 149 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-jessie.deb 182.03 KB 129 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-jessie_mqtt1.deb 195.29 KB 171 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-stretch.deb 178.53 KB 393 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-stretch_mqtt1.deb 190.37 KB 589 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-wheezy.deb 232.4 KB 52 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_armhf-wheezy_mqtt0.deb 250.09 KB 43 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_i386-jessie.deb 208.85 KB 35 downloads
- ebusd-3.4_i386-jessie_mqtt0.deb 222.82 KB 42 downloads
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 3,519 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 774 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 558 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 250 downloads
- Source code