ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
In principle, ebusd is handling all the low level traffic aspects on the bus and allows a high level access to sending/receiving messages and revealing their content.
See here for details on a decent eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 21.1:
This is the sixth release of ebusd 3 and the fourteenth (="O", therefor Orange) since ebusd was completely reworked.
The major new features include support for eBUS adapter 3 in enhanced mode allowing arbitration to be done in hardware, a new tool for flashing the adapter 3 PIC, as well as support for Cygwin builds.
Debian 9 (Stretch) install packages for amd64, i386, armhf (Raspberry Pi), and arm64 (Raspberry Pi 64 bit) are attached and also available in the Debian repository as described here. For Debian 10/Buster, you can use the stretch image as well.
Debian install packages for amd64 (9/Stretch), and armhf (Raspberry Pi on 9/Stretch) are attached. For Debian 10/Buster, you can use the stretch image as well.
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt0" (for libmosquitto0) or "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name. Those without MQTT support don't have such a suffix.
For Arch Linux, simply run makepkg in the contrib/archlinux/ebusd/ directory.
The latest release is also available as Docker image on the hub with tag ebusd:latest.
- ebusd-21.1_amd64-bullseye.deb 250.11 KB 9 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_amd64-bullseye_mqtt1.deb 266.05 KB 13 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_amd64-stretch.deb 239.09 KB 3 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 254.9 KB 10 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_arm64-stretch.deb 212.24 KB 4 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_arm64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 226.35 KB 2 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_armhf-stretch.deb 186.52 KB 25 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_armhf-stretch_mqtt1.deb 199.13 KB 90 downloads
- ebusd-21.1_i386-stretch.deb 264.17 KB 1 download
- ebusd-21.1_i386-stretch_mqtt1.deb 280.44 KB 1 download
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 3,680 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 813 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 586 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 277 downloads
- Source code