ebusd is a daemon for handling communication with eBUS devices connected to a 2-wire bus system (“energy bus” used by numerous heating systems).
Releases, source code, and documentation are available on github:
See here for details on building your own eBUS adapter, that is needed for connecting ebusd to your heating system.
Current Version 3.3:
This is the fourth release of ebusd 3 and the twelfth (="M", therefor Mango) since ebusd was completely reworked.
Besides some bug fixes, the major new features include more options for MQTT broker connection (publish all instead of changes only, setting the client ID and protocol version, log library events) and using single quotes for TCP client command arguments.
Debian install packages for amd64 (9/Stretch and 8/Jessie), i386 (8/Jessie), and armhf (Raspberry Pi on 9/Stretch, 8/Jessie, and 7/Wheezy) are attached and are also made available in the Debian repository as described here.
Variants of each binary with MQTT support have an additional "mqtt0" (for libmosquitto0) or "mqtt1" (for libmosquitto1) suffix in the name. Those without MQTT support don't have such a suffix.
For Arch Linux, simply run makepkg in the contrib/archlinux/ebusd/ directory.
The latest release is also available as Docker image on the hub with tag ebusd:latest.
- ebusd-3.3_amd64-jessie.deb 216.23 KB 59 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_amd64-jessie_mqtt0.deb 229.31 KB 24 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_amd64-stretch.deb 206.1 KB 47 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_amd64-stretch_mqtt1.deb 218.54 KB 49 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-jessie.deb 179.97 KB 87 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-jessie_mqtt1.deb 191.6 KB 69 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-stretch.deb 174.44 KB 188 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-stretch_mqtt1.deb 185.92 KB 178 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-wheezy.deb 228.76 KB 21 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_armhf-wheezy_mqtt0.deb 244.69 KB 15 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_i386-jessie.deb 205.99 KB 20 downloads
- ebusd-3.3_i386-jessie_mqtt0.deb 218.42 KB 12 downloads
- Source code
Corresponding CSV configuration files:
Usage with ebusd version 3.2 or higher:
If you’re using ebusd in version 3.2 or higher, you can simply use the default option for the location of the configuration files that are served by ebusd.eu (see “–configpath” option).
Due to this new feature, no more packaged releases of this repository will be generated in future. If you intend to work on the configuration yourself, simply checkout this repository and point ebusd to your local folder with the latest version.
Latest release (for ebusd older than 3.2):
ebusd 2.1 config 2016/06/05
This is the second release of ebusd 2.1 configuration files for easy installation on e.g. Debian.
The major new feature of this release compared to 2.0 is the support for a variety of different Vaillant BAI devices. Compared to the first 2.1 release, the missing ".inc" files were added to the ".deb" files and 370 as well as F37 devices were added.
Installation on Debian:
- Download one of the ".deb" files with your desired language code
- Run "*dpkg -i --force-overwrite ebusd-configuration-2.1..deb**" Note: The "--force-overwrite" option is necessary since the ebusd package already contains a rough "broadcast.csv", which is also contained in this package.
Installation on other OS:
- Download one of the ".tgz" files with your desired language code
- Remove old files/directories from the /etc/ebusd directory
- Unpack it to the /etc/ebusd directory using "*tar xzf ebusd-configuration-2.1..tgz -C /etc/ebusd/**"
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.deb 50.98 KB 2,884 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-de_all.tgz 109.13 KB 627 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.deb 47.63 KB 445 downloads
- ebusd-configuration-2.1.b143f39-en_all.tgz 104.04 KB 183 downloads
- Source code